On-line storage can be used in so many ways… It can be used as BACKUP of important files and depending on the service can be done manually or you can use services that auto-sync your files or directories that you pick. Another great benefit of online storage is the ability to access that data from any computer connected to the WEB.
For a lot of people a single service will work great and will give them the storage they want or need and it’s FREE! For those that have a lot to save or others that would like to keep personal and business stuff separate there are many services available.
I believe most people understand why they should backup, but most still don’t! In most cases if you have never had a computer fail or your hard drive die, they just don’t take the time to figure out a method to back up at least the most important files – like your pictures, personal documents and invoices etc. What would your wife say if you lost all your pictures!
– Backup of important files
– Sync between computers and Cloud to have access of data from any computer with an internet connection. You had or change any file and it’s updated at all the locations you have added.
– Skydrive – 25G of FREE storage – Drag and drop technology (Windows LIVE ID – this is used for Photogallery and LIVE Documents as well as any files you upload)
– Picasa Web Albums – 1G of Free photo Storage
– 2G of online storage – Auto-Sync of folders only
– 5G of online Storage – Auto-Sync of folders and files – unlimited auto-sync from computer to computer
– 7G of online Storage – Auto-Sync of folders and files to the cloud – play music files
A new player has entered the game – CLOUD EXPERIENCE – Beta – from fist looks it seems to have most of the features of Dropbox. Sync from multiple devices – share your files with others and access the service from anywhere.
These are just some of the many services available and in most cases if more storage is needed it can be purchased for a monthly fee. I will continue to update this page as new products come available.