I love the media – really!
They love to have headlines to attract readers and most of the headlines today are negative on the sales to date of Microsoft Phone 7. Some of the numbers being mentioned is only 40K units sold to date – that would be North America (US & Canada).
I believe the uptake will be slower today
1) The market is a much different world then when the iPhone was announced
2) Since the iPhone many other manufactures have come to market, so a lot of the early adopters have already invested in a phone with a contract period
3) Economically there is a huge difference, the world has gone through some difficult times the last year or so and most are still be very careful.
When you put all these things together, the growth of Windows Phone 7 will be one that grows over time. They have a wonderful product with some really cool features you don’t find on anything today. There application store is growing daily, but it will take time to build quality titles.
Just give it time!
- Report: 40,000 Windows Phone 7 devices sold (news.cnet.com)
- Why Windows Phone 7’s first day sales numbers don’t matter (venturebeat.com)
- Are You In Line For A Windows 7 Phone? (MSFT, T) (businessinsider.com)
- Windows Phone 7 Success Tied to a Million in Sales (CIO)